RiverCulture is a partnership of leaders from the arts and business communities, committed to enhancing the creative economy of Montague, Massachusetts. RiverCulture is the proud recipient of the 2011-12 Massachusetts Commonwealth Award for Creative Community. Given every two years by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, the award shines a spotlight on the extraordinary contribution that art and culture makes to education, economic vitality, and quality of life across the state.
- Enhance Quality of Life;
- Work with a diverse group of community, municipal, educational and business leaders to foster the creative economy of Montague;
- Establish art and culture as a visible element of our identity;
- Establish an environment that attracts new businesses, residents and visitors;
- Develop live-work, retail and studio space throughout Montague.
- Host and promote cultural events;
- Spearhead cooperative marketing efforts;
- Function as a central resource of information about art and recreation in Montague;
- Convene partners around shared projects, ideas and goals;
- Providing coordination of the Turners Falls Cultural District;
- Participate in the town’s economic development initiatives;
- Analyze the impacts of cultural activity in our community.
Funding and Oversite
RiverCulture is a program of The Town of Montague and part of the Department of Planning and Conservation. Additional funding comes from business sponsors, grants, and in-kind donations. Appointed by the Montague Select Board, The RiverCulture Steering Committee provides oversite and guidance to the program. Members: Eileen Dowd (Chair), Rachel Teumim, Lilith Wolinsky, Tammy Ketcham, Kristi Bodin.